Thu, Oct 06|
KALĀ YOGA FLUID YOGA® 200 HOUR TEACHER TRAINING
Time & Location
Oct 06, 2022, 12:00 PM – Apr 15, 2023, 12:00 PM
Brooklyn, 331 Melrose St, Brooklyn, NY 11237, USA
About the event
- Fluid Mind & Spirit can be taken as a stand alone module to deepen your meditation and spiritual practice for $800 (Zoom) - $1000 (In Vermont).
Fluid Mind & Spirit: October 6th - 9th, 2022 with Kevan Gale IN PERSON at the Fluid Vermont House OR live and interactive on ZOOM. Space in Vermont is first come first serve, so sign up early to secure a spot.
Fluid Mind: In this Module, students explore a central question: How can we let go of fear, craving and attachment in order to become happier and more content? The Fluid Mind approach begins with a foundational understanding of Tibetan Buddhist mind training, and continues to explore the science of meditation, the foundations of practice, and specific meditation practices (including shamata, maitri/loving kindness, and tong-len). A Fluid mind is present and adaptable to change—qualities that lead to happier living and more refined yogic practice.
- Fluid Spirit: We often think of life as static snapshots that are put together to form a bigger picture, but in reality the nature of life is flowing from one moment to the next. Since life is fluid, we can all benefit from discovering a way of life that moves with the forces of nature instead of against them. Fluid Living teaches us to move effortlessly through life in a way that creates happiness within ourselves and those around us. This module uses experiential learning and real world examples while drawing on the ancient Tibetan yogic philosophies such as the Six Paramitas as outlined The Bodhisattva’s Way of Living. Includes: morning meditation practice, asana, lecture, group meditation, recorded videos, content, self study
Fluid Body: October 21st - 23rd, 2022 with Kate Sullivan In Person at Kala
Friday, October 21st 5:30p - 8:30p
Saturday October 22nd 10am - 7pm
Sunday October 23rd 10am - 6pm
- An approach to movement that allows for freedom and exploration while aligning the body in a safe and efficient manner. Unlike a mechanical or precision based alignment, this approach to movement honors the dynamic nature of the yoga practice and keeps the body safe without disrupting flow. With simplicity in mind, Fluid Body provides students and teachers with simplistic methods for understanding safe alignment. Acknowledging that the safest alignment starts within the mind, you will learn how to listen carefully to your own body to make the intuitive adjustments as your body moves. Includes: morning meditation practice, asana, lecture, group meditation, recorded videos, content, self study
Fluid Teaching with Kate Sullivan and Pia Fiato
Weekend Immersions - Saturday & Sundays 9:30am - 6:30pm
- November 12th - 13th, 2022
- December 10th - 11th, 2022
- January 28th - 29th, 2023
- February 25th - 26th, 2023
- March 11th - 12th, 2023
- April 29th - 30th, 2023
Required 2 weekly asana classes (in person or online) per week.
Required 1 hour practice teaching or Dharma Discussion in person on Thursdays from 7:30 - 8:30p each week starting the week of November 14th, 2022.
Required 5 in studio class observations scheduled on an individual basis
All students will have an opportunity to teach Community Class on a rotating basis upon graduation given that they meet our basic teaching standards.
- Fluid Teaching recognizes that teaching, like life, is a dynamic and moving experience and that each of us have something unique and special to offer. Our approach to teaching provides the tools needed to become a great teacher and bring the best of your experiences, talents and offerings to light. In this training you will learn: how to teach a well-rounded a baseline sequence, cueing, intelligent sequencing, how to theme a class, how to teach both in-studio and online, postural breakdowns, anatomy, business of yoga, ethics, hands-on assisting and much more!
Attendance at all sessions is required. If needed, make up sessions with Kate & Pia can be scheduled. For the purposes of a make up session, three hours of group instruction will equate to 1 hour of private make up session at the rate of $100/hour.
Sign up HERE